Friday, May 30, 2014

2nd Day Down

We jumped right in. We woke up at 7:30am. We had a delicious breakfast; it was called a pinwheel. It looked like a Cinnabon but it was fresh bread with ground beef and cheese baked into it. Yum! We then had a interesting morning at Mahaica. On the road back from Mahaica we stopped at a food truck on the way back home (yes, I am already calling Barrack St. home already). We had some delicious pototato pie, poluri (egg ball with spicy sauce), and fresh sugar cane juice. Back on Barrack St. our lunch consisted of some rice with vegetables with the best barbecue chicken! After a short rest, we packed up the van again with soccer balls (football to the Guyanese) and we were on our way to St. John Bosco's Orphanage. As soon as we got there the kids' faces lit up. Shortly after arriving, they took the soccer balls and ran off to the field. I personally am not a fan of soccer, so I started to throw the frisbee around with my new friend Ryan. But he soon left me to play soccer too. I walked over to the seesaws, where I found myself with the  dynamic duo: Orion and Leonard. They were playing with Kaly's camera. We were all friends instantly. As they took photos of everything in sight. It then occurred to me that the only thing these boys wanted was friends they can play and share some laughs with. I was really happy that I was there to be their friends.

Anthony '16  


1 comment:

  1. Kaly's Gramma and I look for news from the blog every day ! So exciting to read that the kids like your camera . I can imagine what a thrill they must have taking photos and then seeing them instantly. I am so glad Kaly brought that giant memory card to hold thousands of photos and we can not wait to see them. Have fun today everyone.
    MarySue

    ReplyDelete